spotmom

Opening Lorex MP4 in Video Editor Fails

I have the Lorex (Hikvision) set up and it records to MP4. I can download, save, open and look at the files in any player, but I want to open a file in Sony Vegas to edit it and it says file format corrupted or not supported. I know MP4 is supported in Sony so I have to assume there is some sort of security somehow embedded in the files to prevent tampering. My guess anyway. I have also tried it in Corel Video Studio 14 with the same issue.

Does anyone have a method or program to edit these files? They are not security related, just stuff going on with the animals I want to edit and condense down to the best parts for posting on YouTube for friends. Stuff like the moose getting zapped by the electric fence and a fox playing with the horse. I have copied just the clips I want to stitch together, but I can't open them in my programs to do so.

I can't figure out how to recode them into something else, if possible. Any program I have tried lets me navigate to the folder where the files are, but the folder is "empty" as in nothing that the program can work with.

Any Suggestions would be helpful.

I have the Lorex (Hikvision) set up and it records to MP4. I can download, save, open and look at the files in any player, but I want to open a file in Sony Vegas to edit it and it says file format corrupted or not supported. I know MP4 is supported in Sony so I have to assume there is some sort of security somehow embedded in the files to prevent tampering. My guess anyway. I have also tried it in Corel Video Studio 14 with the same issue.

Does anyone have a method or program to edit these files? They are not security related, just stuff going on with the animals I want to edit and condense down to the best parts for posting on YouTube for friends. Stuff like the moose getting zapped by the electric fence and a fox playing with the horse. I have copied just the clips I want to stitch together, but I can't open them in my programs to do so.

I can't figure out how to recode them into something else, if possible. Any program I have tried lets me navigate to the folder where the files are, but the folder is "empty" as in nothing that the program can work with.

Any Suggestions would be helpful.

Seems I finally found my answer. Even though I ask for help I never stop Googling, studying and testing. I found the FreeMake Video converter here http://www.freemake.com/ and convert the video into a compatible format and then can open them in Sony Vegas 11 Pro.