Sign in to follow this  
nasty_nate_84

wirelessly viewing dvr/ two tvs

Hi my name is nathan im a bit a newb at this but i managed to hook up my zomodo H.264 4/8ch ir/night vision X4 cameras in my house because im super noid lol a few questions here but i know there are apps for wireless viewing on cell phones I have a droid galaxy s3

1.) which app is the best free app for this? and what are the pros and cons of this app?

and i know you can view it on cpu's and phones through the port/proxy forwarding i am a cpu science major that should not be to much of an issue for me since i program linux everyday however the next couple of problems I have no knowledge about

2.) my dvr has only 1 rgb/vga port on the back so how may I hook it up to my living room tv (where it is already hooked up to my 50 in led )but i watch the cctv in the back bedroom tv as well where it is impossible without 6,000 ft of vga cord not to plausible for that so is there any other way to maybe beam wireless video to that tv? and if so how would i do this? and exactly what would I need to buy?

or have I been watching the jestsons for to long?

3.)would it just make more sense to hook it up to the app and if im in my back room just check that to see whos knocking at my door? thats basically why i hooked this system up for and last question

4.) is there any software or website that anyone knows about that lets your dvr record to a secure server so you always have a wireless backup of the dvr? or something along the lines or close to that? eg a program that continuously records to you email or something crazy?

being new to this i am not a professional obviously and I think it shows through my questions and desires but I know what I wanna get out of it or close and I know there are close technologies for all this I study it everyday lol if not some of this is going to be the first crap i program for real world money and it would be awesome if professionals would add to this or hell anyone who knows anything what im talking about just try to be cool with no crap that would be cool thanks for reading and input all

Hi. That is over a mile away ???

Your best option is to buy a android pad if you have Internet

That way if your unit is for door monitoring then you have video anywhere in your home