Sign in to follow this  
ab2reza1360

IP,PTZ,Low cost,Autofocus,around a yard

Hey experts,

I need 12 outdoor IP cameras to install around a yard.

The cameras features that I want:

Auto focus,

PTZ,

able to be installed in so humid and dusty area,

price range: around 2000~2500USD

I don't need IR built in,

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Smile

Aboo

Not gonna happen. The cheapest megapixel outdoor camera with ptz is 599.(only 3x zoom). Why do you need ptz? Go with fixed cameras.

hi aboo. that works out at $200 a camera even analog your going to be pushed at that price.

your budget just for the IP network for 12 ip cameras

hi aboo. that works out at $200 a camera even analog your going to be pushed at that price.

Unless he really doesn't need PTZ. Why would you need 12 PTZ cameras for your back yard?

Unless he really doesn't need PTZ. Why would you need 12 PTZ cameras for your back yard?

A "yard" may not mean a "backyard". Maybe he is using "yard" as in a "lot".

There is one PTZ camera that fits the bill of being under $200 if image quality, reliability, how much zoom and resolution are not important, the Agasio (of Foscam fame) http://agasio.com/agasio-a621-poe-outdoor-pan-tilt-poe-ip-camera.html

But I'm sure he meant $2,000-2,500 per camera, there's some good choices out there, HD, 18-20x zoom from Dahua SD6982A, ACTi KCM-8211, Axis P55 series, Panasonic WV-SW395.

Thanks all

Sorry for the vague description,as buellwinkle mentioned I meant 2000 per each.

It's a vast yard and according to the guard office request I have to install PTZ or Speed dome camera around this.

any suggestion/info will be greatly appreciated.

Aboo

What's also an interesting approach is Axis sells a Pan/Tilt mechanism for about $500 mount where you can put any of their box cameras on top of it and they make one model with a zoom. So all together it may cost say $1,500ish, not 100% sure of the price but it's not about cost, it's about having a flat lens (curved domes are prone to reflection issues) and the ability to tilt above the horizon which is an issue for typical speed domes.