Sign in to follow this  
luckyfella

License Plate cam suggestions

I have a customer who has a little hut type building and the cars go passed it to enter and leave the gated community. They want two license plate

cameras on the entrance part to show the front plate and rear plate as the car passes to enter. They also want to be able to see clearly the person inside

the car. It's a bit of a ride, so I'm trying to write up an estimate without driving there, believe it or not, lol. Anway, does anyone have any good luck with any reasonably priced LPR cameras? I know Bosch has some crazy ones that are very expensive, but I'm not looking for long range. I was actually thinking of two analog Digital Watchdog LPR's, and two 3mp cameras one for the exit and one for viewing the driver. I would use an NVR and put the DW's on a DVR and

link the two together. Any ideas or suggestions? If you've installed with success any LPR's, let me know the make and model. I appreciate it.

Hopefully, if he clicks view new posts, he'll run into this topic? Anyway, I'm not necesarily looking for an IP license plate camera. I don't mind using analog to a dvr and for the other cameras using IP with an NVR and linking the two. I stopped by my local distributor today and looked at an LPR that he sells for about 350 bucks. It was a box camera in a housing on a swivel bracket. It had IR's but they looked different than other IR cameras. It had a crazy amount of

settings in the OSD. I'm hoping to find sort of a plug and play LPR so I don't have to wait till night time to configure it.