Sign in to follow this  
Aatrox

Video Analytics

So basically I've been looking for video analysis software and one of my searches lead me here. After hours of searching and testing, most of the programs I find are used for surveillance of live video feeds.

I am looking for analytics software that can count cars and/or people crossing a line or passing into a certain area. I dont plan to attach any cameras so a standalone application would be ideal. I have a library of videos I that I would like to analyze. They are mostly in MP4 format, but can be converted if need be.

Any ideas or suggestions? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Well, I haven't checked on the new version, but the Synology Surveillance Station software had the line crossing algorithm built into it. I *though* I saw somewhere you could install it on other nas's?

If your into programming, I'm pretty sure you could whip something up in matlab pretty easily - it has all those video tools built in.

Another option, if this is a one time deal, pay people $0.25 through Amazon's Mechanical Turk to count the cars.

lol @Peter ...yea its not a one time thing

But pretty much what buellwinkle said. So i'm assuming Synology can only do it on the fly?