Sign in to follow this  
Razer_SE

USB connected alarm inputs for use with NVR?

Quick question on this, I started some searching for a solution but thought I'd ask here also.

I have many Exacq hybrid servers with alarm inputs that work fine, but I also have about 30 locations with servers that I built, and they are IP only. I'd like to have alarm inputs on a few of these also, but need a more cost effective solution than the new exacqVision USB I/O Module that I know exists.

That looks perfect, but the cost is way up there, I expected maybe $200-$300 and its over double that. I only need maybe 4 inputs total, I don't even need the output functions. Any other options out there that people have any experience with?

If not I'll end up using the inputs on some of my cameras before I pay that much for the Exacq module, it's just much easier to land the cable by my DVR than the camera. Thanks for any ideas!

Looks good, the price is much better and more in line with what I was expecting too! It is supported by Exacq also so I may well be giving this a shot. Ethernet will work just fine also, the assistance is much appreciated.

In my searches I was hitting AliBaba almost right off and I knew there had to be other options out there.

If you are clever with Linux, you can try doing this with a Raspberry PI. Don't now what they cost these days but likely under $50. Have it trigger of a relay and send an URL command to the camera or to Exacq to do something. I know ACTi cameras have a good CGi based API, so you can trigger an HTML event.

Edited by Guest

I have a few raspberry pis around here too, they are turly fun to play with and have all kinds of fun uses. Love them!

I am wiring up motion sensors to these inputs, and just triggering an email right now. My problem is finding the type of motion sensors I need with a long and narrow beam. I'm using Optex sensors now, some with an 80' by 6' detection area and the others with 330' by 10'.

Not found any other solutions (cost effective anyway)for us like these so far, but I'm sure there are options out there.