Sign in to follow this  
normel

Change ir cut sensitivity ( lux )

Hello guyz and maybe girls. I just started selling some security cameras behind my real job. And new to this forum.

So this will be my first problem, thought this would be the best place to ask. At first srry for my broken english

I have some ir-cut cameras of wansview type hw0024.

The problem is that the ir switch goes on even when in little dark environment, which makes the colours look bad.

Even in daylight, when i close the curtains, it would do very well without ir, but it switches to ir mode instantly.

No such setting in the interface. I have learned that its something to do with the lux setting, but it is possible to change this lux and make it lower like 3 to see which settings work the best?

I just want the ir to switch on when in real dark environment.. at least more dark

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to change (within the camera settings) the LUX level at which the IR filter kicks in. If not, you need to start selling cameras with better design quality or your new business doesn't have a chance of success.

The problem is, there is no such a option to set lux.

So im wondering, is it software related or hardware? if software, then i should figure out how to get in the programming mode.

The problem is, there is no such a option to set lux.

So im wondering, is it software related or hardware? if software, then i should figure out how to get in the programming mode.

Your issue is 'firmware' related. I assume like most (if not all) IP cameras, it has a web-based user interface? This is where the programmable options for the camera are configured. If you cannot see the option to change LUX level at which the mechanical filter will turn on/off, I'm afraid you have no choice but to accept the camera pre-programmed setting.