Mohammed Ali

Robbery of rs 10million (still images required from CCTV)

Well, there is a robbery at my father's gas station in Lahore, Pakistan on 4th November 2013. Dacoits have looted cash worth rs. 10million and one car. Case is registered at our local police station but there is not much progress so far even with the help of CCTV footage we have retrieved from the dvr.

As you know the technology here is not much advanced so I am looking for "Close-up" of all the four thieves (still photographs) so we could hand over to the police to expedite their investigation process.

Please follow the link below to see the crime's CCTV footage and please let me know if anyone could help me in this regard as I need to get it done urgently.

1. http://www.dawn.com/news/1054154/rs10m-dacoity-at-filling-station

Thanks,

Ali

Your best opportunity is right when they walk thru the door, but that is awfully low grade video. There is no magic software that will clear up the grainy quality of that video though, especially in a video that has already been compressed twice (once to get it off the DVR and again when uploaded to the net). Sorry to break the bad news, but I think you have decent shots while the camera was in still in color, but improving them is all but impossible.

Thanks for your reply, please let me know any good software from where I could retrieve the still images of them, or if there is anyone around here who could help me get the still images from this CCTV video (as i am not a software expert). Waiting for quick response! Thanks

I think police are slow because of a few reasons main one your cctv footage.

Your timeline has a break

Besides the footage problem and no good face shots ....... Remember CCTV is also an information collector. And it shows that at least two of the gang are known to station owner someone who has worked there or who has spent time there.

Reason >>>> knew about camera so switched lights off........which sounds normal ..............but he hits the right switch first time out of a bank of 12 switches.

Same when getting keys from desk >>>>>>>> guy goes straight to right Drew and into left compartment ..........just as anyone would knowing that keys we're there.

But apart from you footage ...........you have fingerprints (information side of your system) Sit watching footage mark off in office we're you see the gang touching things >>>>> ok finger prints can be all over the place as it's a gas station but this is we're CCTV also plays it's part.

Door on right one of the gang sits on floor but as he does puts hands on bottom glass and frame of door "..............this is a good finger print location as it never gets touched in a normal day use.

And apart from finger prints his shoe print is just as good

So I would get police back to take finger prints on just that finding alone.

But also a question has to be asked and was the footage staged... And some questions asked

They switch off lights knowing about camera ........but in switching off lights would of made the IR on camera stand out yet everyone ignored the bright red glow...... Two second job to smash it off wall or cover it up ..............people don't like to damage there own equipment

Why did they not take DVR ........ Was it needed to stage all this

Which takes you back to the footage .........DVR WAS stoped and restarted ..... It shows in time line .......how did that happen

they planned so well as seen in the CCTV footage what they did wrong is they mistakenly took one of our device which looks similar to dvr as seen in the footage when the open the cover of the cabin at 02:22:03... they thought its the dvr and they took that device along with them BUT IT WAS NOT THE DVR (fortunately)... DVR was placed in the room which they entered second (after breaking it with several kicks)... they turned the lights off after getting into the 2nd room (just like they did in the 1st room)... thats where the switch of dvr is located and along with other lights the dvr switch got turned off and dvr stopped recording...

02.21 video was edited ......... how did all the people get out of room in seconds.

Case is registered at our local police station but there is not much progress so far even with the help of CCTV footage

edited video ............... it had to be edited while gang was still there........ in fact you can see a split second of footage being started again .......which also shows footage was rewind.

but you still have not understood finger prints ........ look at guy who kicks in door .........his hands go were normally hands would not need to be on a door ...... footage shows you were to get HIS prints.

you should have police back now with the information given about were prints can be found ....... which is the information collection that cctv also gives

video is not edited... the new video started when we arrived the crime scene and restarted the dvr.. its that frame which shows the new image.... coz if u see time of that frame is 5:24

I love that fact the dvr was attached to an outlet controlled by a wall switch, which normally is a big no no, but here it saved the day because they did not see the lights flashing....

02.21 video was edited

watch your video...... that cant happen unless edited.

footage stops

few frames of start of footage is shown again

room full of people ...... then all gone ................ I can see the gun but a cant see a magic wand.

I don't think they switched off the lights to defeat the video cameras, I bet they did it to keep possible outside witnesses from figuring out what was going on. Hard to say if they thought they stole the video record or just a DVD player worth a few bucks or even noticed or cared about the CCTV at all. It's funny how some people are terrified of cameras and others don't even seem to notice or remember that they're there. You'd think they would have worn masks if they cared about witnesses or cameras. Only one guy pulled up a bandana after he entered the store.

It is a bit strange that he hit the light switch for that room first out of a large bank of them, but it WAS the closest switch to him and he got the results he wanted right away, so why fumble with the others? Good point but could be coincidence.

It is a bit strange that he hit the light switch for that room first out of a large bank of them, but it WAS the closest switch to him and he got the results he wanted right away, so why fumble with the others? Good point but could be coincidence.

also guy ....... only guy to pull up bandana was the guy who switched lights off. he knew

from police report.

The SP said the initial investigation revealed that one of the security guards had not been coming for duty for about a week while the other guard was ill.

True, but wouldn't folks who knew him be able to recognize him from the start of the video anyway? Both guards would definitely be persons of interest.