C7Installer

Powertech cameras?

We have a customer with three of these cameras already installed. I think they're cheap cameras, but I can't find any information on them. They have "Power Tech" written right on the side; model "500DN" with "EHDN" ExView HAD CCDs. Apparently they are day/night cameras, though they're mounted indoors. Image quality is rather poor. They're connected to an EyeMax DV9120 PC-Based DVR.

I'm trying to find some documentation on them to see if they can be adjusted. There are three dip switches on the back that are marked W1, W2, and W3. I'm not sure what these are for. There are other switches for AGC, BLC, FL and VID/DC that I'm familiar with.

I am planning on replacing them if I can't improve the image.

what type of cameras are they, Box, Dome, or Bullets ..?

Are they Day Night cameras, or IR cameras?

PT-500DNL.jpg

KEY FEATURES • 1/3" Sony ExView Color CCD sensor • Day and Night Function • Crystal Clear 580 TV Line (B/W) / 480 TV Line (Color) Resolution • 0.4 Lux at F1.2 (Color) / 0.01 Lux at F1.2 (B&W) • 12 volts DC / 24 volts AC auto detects power source • Auto Tracing White Balance (ATW or AWC) / Back Light Compensation (BLC) / Auto Gain Control (AGC) / Flickerless Mode (FLON) • DC iris level control • DC, Video iris control or Electronic Shutter Control (ESC) • C or CS mount for lens (c-mount adapter included)

Thanks for all of the info. Apparently, your Google skills surpass mine! Based on the spec sheet, it looks as if you are correct; the "W" switches seem to be for WB.

For everyone else's reference, these cameras seem to have mediocre image quality, poor color quality and significant problems with backlighting.

could just be an old camera or lens, or even a dirty lens, CCD chip images degrade over time also .. since its Korean i doubt its that cheap, but then that doesnt mean it doesnt look like crap also ..

actually looks alot like a neverfocus camera .. the case anyways ..

Doubt it's old as it was just installed about a month ago. There are three of these and they all exhibit the same problems. I'm sure that with some tweaking we could improve the image a little, but I'm not sure it's worth our time. I tested a cheap ExView box camera right next to one of these (same image, lighting, cable, DVR, lens, etc.) and the quality was noticibly better.