kandcorp

Fake Motion Detection

Dont know if this is true but I heard today that some of these DVR's that say motion detection dont actually have it.

Let me explain...

What they told me is instead of the motion triggering the DVR to start and stop Recording, it just lowers the frame rate when motion isnt detected therefore recording is still active.

Anyone ever heard of this. And let me know if I am sounding likke a Dumba**

Thanks

Dont know what DVR that is, but let us know so we dont buy it ..

with most DVRs you can speed up the frames on motion detection, have it set to record by event (motion) and or timelapse (continuous) and then set pre and post times, even on the stand alones.

All i use is motion detection recording on the DVRs i use so i know they dis work well

It sounds like sales BS to me. If you're doing enough to know when to adjust frame rate then you've done 95% of the job.

Yea sounds like it to me too. Just wanted to know if anyone had ever heard anything like that before. One of my Dealers actually asked me that today.

Motion Recording is a must for us as well.

that sounds like......well never mind...I will be nice today....

Ya that is the words of a quickly sincking company trying to pull a fast one on a few peeps. I would like to know of a person who heard that explenation and actually accepted that as ok. HEY! I just thought of a fun test to try on the wife. Sad thing is I already know how she will respond. Well atleast she is pretty.

P.S. Dont let my wife read this

You’ll find that a lot in a budget DVR. I have come across a few that offer Motion Recording, but it in fact is a continuous record with motion events. So instead of recording when there is motion, it just always records and gives you a log of motion events for playback purposes.

Make sure it states "Motion Activated Recording" and not just "Motion Recording"

I have seen this in a few budget 4 Channel systems on the market.