They sell these at adi and also an online supplier I use and I was thinking as offering these as my entry level ip system. Any problems? Picture quality ? Any thoughts comments ?

Thanks

I have the 2 bullet costco re-branded Hikvision camera's and I am VERY happy with the quality. I managed to catch the post man today delivering some mail and its impressive video quality.

This is just one camera view of a few I have setup around my house.

uZTXda8_1Gg

Make sure to set to 1080p on youtube.

ak_camguy where are you from? Looks like you have some decent snow already.

What software are you using to capture for the Swann cams? I noticed the mailman clip did not time out even when there wasn't too much movement/contrast change.

To cavcom, I have a 2 Hikvision domes and 2 Hikvision bullets. The picture quality is excellent, they have only been in use for around 8 months so I cannot say too much about durability. I was starting to get some IR bleed with one of the domes but by "fluffing" the gasket around the lens I was able to get rid of most of the bleed.

I am from Alaska.

I am using the camera software to capture the video. No editing done at all. I am using the storage option within the camera software. I kept the defaults for pre-record and post record of 5 seconds.

I was utilizing blue iris prior, but it is very hardware intensive for HD cameras. This way is really quick and easy to get videos saved and backed up on a NAS device.

I also found that most valid video clips are 16+mb, so it makes it rather easy to identify what is valid and what is not. I am a computer engineer by trade so I have some scripts that copy these specific files to another share elsewhere and eventually I will get it where they email me and do some other helpful things. I just haven't had the time to play with it as much as I would like as I have other projects to keep me busy.