Sign in to follow this  
komag

Gadget that enable IP cam w/out audio in/out record audio

IPC-HDW2200S

235468_1.jpg

Hi,i used this cam with nvr3204 but it don't have audio in/out jack to enable me to record audio.Any of you know if there got balun or gadget that can connect to this cam with audio in/out enable my nvr3204 to record audio.thanks.

That NVR has a single channel input for recording video. Get a CCTV amplified mic with a long cable, many on eBay or Amazon and plug it into the back for the NVR and attach a 12V power supply to it and run the mic where you want to record audio. How it merges that single audio pot to a single camera, I do not know because when I tested that specific NVR for a review, I didn't test audio.

Of course, you can always get a Dahua camera that has 2-way audio, the larger dome or larger bullets.

The two way audio on the NVR is not capable of recording that audio. You must have an audio capable camera. The camera itself encodes the video/audio together. No way around that as far as I know.

The audio in is primarily for 2-way. But the simplest thing is just to run a mic to an area you want to monitor and then open up the live feed either locally or remotely to hear the live audio in that area. But unfortunately, that feed cannot be recorded. You need an audio camera on the front end to do that. And that's the one huge difference from analog, where audio recording is easier. I sure wish it was that way with NVR's.

I just listed one of mine on eBay, the Dahua ipc-hfw3300c, has audio, 3MP, varifocal. Just search for the model number on eBay if interested. Was cleaning house, amazing what I find in lying around, LOL.