Sign in to follow this  
frazzeld

Twilight Pro Nero - True Day & Night ICR settings

Hi All, looking for a bit of advise

I've upgraded a couple of my camera's to Twilight Pro Nero - True Day & Night ICR, they have excellent day & night images however i do have a niggle with the night vision... one of the camera's is focused on my car which shows a good image now the niggle is occasionally when someone walks passed they appear to ghost and if they are walking fast they may even disappear

The camera has lots of settings

I've tried the following settings which didn't seem to improve the issue

Sense Up: both Auto and Off

Backlight: D-WDR set to 0

3D-DNR: Changed from Auto to Mid

Looking for recommendations

Thanks

316719831_CameraSpecs.thumb.jpg.eccc74d43609d1d422dc9c2787916225.jpg

I never really understood how analog cameras work, one reason I only use ip cameras, but isn't there a maximum auto shutter duration option where you can set it to 1/30th or 1/60th of a second? What's happening is the shutter is staying open too long and anything moving looks like a blur. The alternative is to post a sign asking people to stop and look into the camera and hold perfectly still.

It's probably between the sens up and 3D DNR settings. That is an IR camera and you really should keep sens up off. If the IR is doing it's job you really shouldn't need rely on sens up. Sens up can help a dome with no IR in certain situations. You can try sens up but start very low and raise it incrementally, making sure you don't introduce ghosting. But probably the biggest culprit is 3D DNR. Turn it off. If the picture is too noisy put it on low and see how the ghosting problem is. But going to med or high or auto will make for a great looking picture but unusable surveillance. Also I see your IR has beam spread. Try the two choices and see if one helps illuminate the scene better than the other. Keep smart IR on. But adjust the sens up and 3D DNR. It's between those two that you have to balance a clean verses noisy night shot. Ghosting will determine when you have those settings too strong.

Thanks for the response's

I've set sens up to off

Tried 3D-DNR to off.... made the image a little to grainy

Currently got it set at Low, just need someone to walk passed (fast)