foxy1957

4 Channel H.264 DVR; unable to view any recordings??

Hi All,

new to this forum and a beginner with my new H.264 DVR.

I've had a CCTV camera on the outside of my house for about 10 years but had it hooked upto a video recorder. Of recent, I decided to upgrade to a 500gb DVR. Alongside it, I use a flat screen 19" monitor.

The problem I'm currently having is that I cannot view or see any recorded files, even though the system is showing 24hrs manual recording mode. I've gone through all the settings, channel 1 is showing recording and can see this on the monitor in "recording" mode. DVR is showing "recording" mode but I cannot find any recorded footage. HDD has been formatted.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi lindsayspop,

It is a 4 Channel Audio DVR 500GB HDD Installed Domar Solutions Model Number MD4012N.

Bought it brand new. Everything looks ok. Shows system is recording 24/7 but cant see any recordings/saved files. Guess I've not quite got it set-up right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

i am just setting up the same DVR and was having the same issue - i found out that i wasn't initiating the playback properly due to the software being a bit "clunky".

When i go into the playback page and select any date or times there are no recordings found

What i have to do is click the "Search" button on the top of the playback page - this seems to index the hard drive and then show me dates and times where recording have occurred.

After the DVR has searched for recordings, the dates and times apprear green showing where recordings have been made and i can play them back