Sign in to follow this  
dillon5693

JPEG2000 No HDD Detected Any Solutions?

Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me I have a JPEG2000 16 channel model RD DVR. I've had the DVR for a number of years

but all of sudden its coming up with message NO HDD Detected I've tried setting the DVR back to factory default & cleared all the information on the hard drive. The DVR won't even recognise the HDD when you the view the HDD Information I've tried unplugging the leads and reinserting and also powering down the DVR. Maybe its just the hard drives gone faulty but I'm just looking for the best solution to fix this problem & to prove its the hard drive that's faulty?

Yes, well it can be if you understand how to add a drive to a computer, you just need to plug it into a computer and see if the computer recognizes the drive, this will tell you if the drive is working. Are you hearing any clicking or grinding noises?

Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me I have a JPEG2000 16 channel model RD DVR. I've had the DVR for a number of years

but all of sudden its coming up with message NO HDD Detected I've tried setting the DVR back to factory default & cleared all the information on the hard drive. The DVR won't even recognise the HDD when you the view the HDD Information I've tried unplugging the leads and reinserting and also powering down the DVR. Maybe its just the hard drives gone faulty but I'm just looking for the best solution to fix this problem & to prove its the hard drive that's faulty?

sounds to me like hard drive has given up in machine, id suggest you get a new hard disk drive replace it with old one, and reformate via the dvr machine so it will see the hdd agfain, ive fixed jpeg2000 units a few times this way by changing hdd. hth