allmanbros

DVR Advice - Sanyo DSR-3009

Hello,

I am trying to get together a cost idea for a friend who wants to install a CCTV system in his insurance office. After walking through his office, we have determined that he will need around 8 cameras total.

He wants a system that he can set up and be able to leave it alone. He doesn't want to monitor it continuously via a monitor, but would like to have the option for later down the road. Basically, he just wants something to record and be able to reference in case there was a situation that needed video playback.

After scouring the forums, I am leaning towards a Sanyo DSR-3009. Using this model, should it be able to record until the disk is full, then start recording over the beginning video? Approximately how many hours of video could we capture using the 80gb model vs the 160 GB model.

As for cameras, he wants to install PIR hidden 'Motion Detector' type. We may add one IR for outdoor use.

Thanks in advance for any help!

the sanyo DSR-3009 is gone. it has been replaced by the dsr-3709 and there is an option for a CD writer built in for it as well. PM me, and i will send you a quote. just let me know size hard drive you need for it.

Howard

SpyTown