Sign in to follow this  
Pacerfan9

Hikvision 3MP External EXIR Turret Dome

Has anyone tried to Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I 3MP External EXIR Turret Dome? If so how does it look at night? I have a DS-2CD2132-I with a 2.8mm lens that looks terrible at night, seems because of IR LED bleeding. I see a turret version available online with a 4mm lens, is it possible to replace it with a 2.8 mm lens?

I'm really surprised to hear that. I have the equivalent Chinese version of that camera (ie. 2CD3332) that does not exhibit any IR bleed issues.

In fact the very reason I purchased these cameras was because this type of design where the IR is separate to the lens housing cant' have IR bleed issues unlike just about every dome IR camera that I have tried up until now.

I have both the 2,8mm and 4mm lens cameras. I tried one of each to see which were going to be the best for my application and I really liked the field of view that I got from the 2.8 mm lens so I have ordered two more.

The night time images are reasonable for the grade of camera but I definitely don't' see any IR bleed.

I'll try to post a couple of images.

Edited by Guest

Hope this helps.

First image is of a courtyard area where the only light is from the camera IR. Camera has a 2.8mm lens giving it about 90degrees field of view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8t1skirwdgl00m/Hikvision%202CD3332%20Demo1.jpg

The second image is a front driveway with a very small amount of external street lighting. Camera has a 4mm lens giving it about 74degrees field of view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5vq6in0vmfeyei/Hikvision%202CD3332%20Demo2.jpg

Id be interested to see images of the problem you describe.