Sign in to follow this  
theboss

Help with CCTV monitoring external

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a system for my work.

I'm after external camera which looks over the outside of my office and at the car parking space and a maybe a bit wider angle.

My current system if you call it one

Microsoft Web cam 702p camera hooked up to my PC and I have it running up all day while at work on a 2nd monitor connected from a VGA port on the PC. that's all I have currently to monitor clients inside my premises.

What I would like:

I would like to have a proper CCTV camera outside tell when people turn up as I am unable to view outside through windows (blacked out)

Is to to use my existing 2nd monitor to display the external camera on as well as my internal Webcam (not at the same time of course)

I know this is not possible unless I have some kind of VGA switch or converter?

I would ideally like to switch from PC (usb webcam) to CCTV (external)

What I don't need:

I don't need a DVR as i have no reason to record it's just for purely a visual aid. No storage of the feed is needed.

Here is what i have been looking at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220898948398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

with this camera:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-420-700-TVL-Sony-CCD-Outdoor-Night-Vision-Dome-CCTV-Camera-Infrared-Domar-/171052408268?pt=UK_CCTV&var=&hash=item27d3849dcc

700tvl option.

Is this all I need or do i need more hardware?

Thanks in advanced guys.

Hi. Your problem is saying you don't need a dvr.

You have two problems with your request

1st you are looking at bringing analog and ip together

2nd is your display .............your webcam is done via pc to get to monitor

The analog you have listed will work with converter but you would then need a way to switch from one to another. Ie VGA switch.

You will find it cheaper to run two analog and a dvr.......... It's up to you if you put H/drive in unit to record or not but if looking at car park it makes sence

Hikvision with two cameras is only £129

Thanks for replying tom

1) There is no IP camera involved in this mate.

The converter is also a switch which you can switch from PC source (webcam) and CCTV source (EXT camera)

I don't see why it won't work?

Thanks for replying tom

1) There is no IP camera involved in this mate.

The converter is also a switch which you can switch from PC source (webcam) and CCTV source (EXT camera)

I don't see why it won't work?

webcam is IP protocol.

your link is only a converter for analog to vga ...... allowing you to display analog onto a vga monitor its not a switch

you would need a VGA switch before monitor to take your signal from pc (webcam) and signal from your cameras listed to be able to switch from one to another

your link is only a converter for analog to vga ...... allowing you to display analog onto a vga monitor its not a switch

you would need a VGA switch before monitor to take your signal from pc (webcam) and signal from your cameras listed to be able to switch from one to another

That converter is also a "switch". It does have a button for selecting AV/VGA input, so he can have the analog camera on the BNC input, abd the computer on the VGA input; and with a hit of a button just choose if he wants to see the computer (where the webcam will be shown, as it is now) or the analog video from the new camera.

So yes, it would work with those two items. You would also need the BNC cable, and power supply for the camera.

That converter is also a "switch". It does have a button for selecting AV/VGA input, so he can have the analog camera on the BNC input, abd the computer on the VGA input; and with a hit of a button just choose if he wants to see the computer (where the webcam will be shown, as it is now) or the analog video from the new camera.

So yes, it would work with those two items. You would also need the BNC cable, and power supply for the camera.

I thought i had it right lol!

Thanks

I have already purchased 20m BNC and Power cable along with a Power adapter for the Camera.

I went for this one in the end which seems like a good camera for the price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221302205263?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649