russ

DVR needs a Ghost!

Can anyone help... Does anyone know of a Ghosting utility/procedure in order to transfer the HTTP Server and associated launch software from a GE DVR drive to an "off-the-shelf" HDD. It seems that the GE DVR uses the Nucleous RTOS??? which will allow me to change out the factory drive with a non-formatted, non-partitioned HDD but I lose the HTTP Server and some functionality in the process. The goal here is to buy the GE unit with a 80 Gig HDD (lower cost) then replace the factory drive with (2) 300 Gig "off the shelf" drives without losing the HTTP Server and Wavelet Reader CD Launch software... Thanks for your help, really... anyone???

Looking for answers in the mid-atlantic.

yes it is doable, but not the way you mentioned. There is alot you can do with the New DVRs, I got info on it from another member here. I also have a program called DVR uploader (Triplexe Uploader) which contains the WaveBrowser and Quickwave tools and sends it to the DVR via IP address. I havent tested it on a DVR though and not sure if it works with the StoreSafe or not, though they are also considered Triplex DVRs so it should.

Rory

sounds very helpful, definately more helpful than GE and the regional rep has been. How would one get a copy of this "Triplexe Uploader"... is it one of those un-documented goodies on the GE tech website or is this a rory creation? In either case I would be interested in learning more about it and possibly getting my cold mid-atlantic hands on a copy to try.

tell me more...

yeah i have a copy here, dont ask where i got it from cause i cant remember, its just one of those things

I havent had a StoreSafe or DVMRe to test it on, but the version of the Triplexe Uplaoder is from 05/2005 so it seems up to date. Its a very very basic VB program, from GE security.

I couldnt get new HDDs to work with the DSR-2000's but i was told by a forum member in South Africa that he does it all the time, just swap out for another HDD and the DVMRe will auto detect it, once the HDD jumper settings are set correct. They also have some admin features via the webpage that allow you to upload/change images, etc, lots of farely unknown functions that most techs dont even know exist.

Rory

thanks very much for the information. I have spoken to David at GE Security Tech Support and he hooked me up with up with a hosted website where GE posts a S/W application page. I was able to download their current DVR uploader utility software for the DVMRe (CT, EzT, Simplex), DVMRE PRO, StoreSafe, DSR2000e, etc. great resource... thanks rory.

russ

yeah i guess thats where i got it from

Just cant remember the link now .. oh well you are straight, bob's Powerpoint docs are interesting also

can you PM me the link actually when you get a chance, ive lost it months ago and dont want to bother GE for it at this time .. thanks

This could be the answer to the question i just posted !

Can someone please tell me where i can download the dvr uploader, it would really be helping me out a great deal.

Thanks

Most HDs have a copy tool, you can probably just buy it and pull the drive then go to that mfgr's website and buy the 300GB capacity of their drive. I have used the Maxtor utility many times.