Sign in to follow this  
Bal

Assistance with external camera placement

Thanks for the help guys. I am looking to come up with a full coverage plan on my home sitting on 1.6 acres that I can implement as time and funds allow. The goal is more for property monitoring than any particular crime or identification purpose. We have a lot of walk through traffic during the clubs golf tournaments and this provides us an excuse to monitor that and put in an additional layer of security.

ac23fqzg7

I am currently in the process of running Cat6 throughout the house to a central location; I will likely go ahead and run all the camera PoE lines now, even if I cannot afford to purchase the cameras immediately.

I will most likely be using the hikvision ds-2cd2732f-is or similar camera. Depending on the number of cameras I could go NVR or software, I am open. These camera have a 2.8mm-12mm adjustable focal length.

My budget is fluid, i.e. the more cameras will just take longer to get. I would like one door camera for walk ups and other than that am open to placement. There is a shallow eve along the entire parameter of the house. The ranch style home has gables at either end.

Although I have done a lot of research on the systems and cameras, I am having challenges on camera placement to minimize the camera count. This is where I was hoping you all might weigh in on suggested placement sites for proper coverage.

Thanks!