kandcorp

A Good Spot Monitor

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a decent Spot Monitor for checking camera angles and focusing

Something LCD

Battery Powered maybe?

What do you guys use.

For the most general jobs, I use a 1" B/W Service type monitor that runs on "AAA" batteries. I can easily get angles and do some basic focus if needed. It has a lanyard so I can just hang it from my neck!

MNB1001.JPG

Edited by Guest

Yes, I got mine from Northern Video (# MNB1001), but you can find them pretty much anywhere!!! I use the B/W, mostly because I don't need the color but the color is like 3 times the price.

You need at least a 9" monitor to get a "proper" focus, just food for thought. Suggest focusing it on one of those before taking it to the location, use a viewfinder at the location prior to focusing so you can get the exact focal length required. You could use a UPS to power the monitor if you must do it in the location, but if not low light, it wont stay focused at night.

though i'd like to try the goggles out as well .. they may just do it .. what size res do they produce to the eyes, been a few years since i used a set of those ..

960x240 (230400 pixel)

virtual 36" size @ 2 meters

has brightness, contrast, and volume control

it's like being in a movie theater.......you can "look" at the edges and area's of the screen for any distortion, ect. only complaint I have is that the pic can be manually distorted if you wear the goggles wrong or slightly off center, but after wearing them a few times you get used to putting them on right.

model in Innovatek V-490

$200.00 us