ncohen

Help with Lilin IP Cameras on Dahua NVR

Hi guys

I have been asked to look at an install with about 25 Lilin IP cameras. The cameras are a few years old (Most only have D1 res) and are connected to their CMX software for recording.

I have set up many IP camera systems before but I always try and keep brands together. I have not come across Lilin cameras before.

Anyway, the Dahua NVR I have is the 16 channel version from Qvis. It finds the Lilin cameras and displays them (in the settings it picks up the manufacturer as Onvif) but there are some issues.

The cameras flicker and sometimes switch camera number. E.g cam 10 would show the image from cam 6 for a brief moment and others would do the same. Sometimes it stays for longer. Also it seems rather glitchy. The image is not smooth and appears as if it is speeding up the image to catch up to itself.

I have updated all the cameras to their latest firmware and the NVR is the latest firmware too.

Anyone had this issue before? Anyone know of what NVR brand will work happily with these?

The reason for adding in a NVR is because the CMX software on the PC isn't very good and the client is happy with the Dahua software & apps etc.

There is also 8 screens around the site, each in groups of 4, which display all the cameras. This is currently done with a PC connected to each screen and logging into the cameras and displaying the feeds.

I hope I've explained everything clearly. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

So what manufacturers and software's will work with Lilin cameras then?

I'm not too sure to be honest. I mostly spent the day trying to get them to work with the Dahua NVR.

From what I remember when looking at the main PC recorder there kept being drop outs on the screen.

But is the Lilin cameras/software any good? I've always been under the impression that PC based NVR's aren't as reliable.

Thanks!

Avigilon - Avermedia - Nuuk- geovision- 3logic- milestone

Aver is licence free and also Lilian will go with CMS gold which will replace the CMX

Are you running all control equipment in the same area also are all cameras standard or do you have any PTZs

Will it work with a Hikvision NVR by any chance?

All equipment is connected to three switches and one router.

There is atleast one PTZ connected which I have found.

So CMS Gold is basically a NVR software for a PC as far as I can see?

Googling Avigilon seems to suggest its also a software rather than a purpose built NVR..is that correct?

Thanks!

Hi. No you will end up having same problem with hikvision.

Liliin also use there own ptzrotocol

Are you looking to replace everything and just run on NVR

Avermedia NVR will do

Regarding the PTZ is it ip or standard

Oh right I see.

No the PTZ is IP. I can control it from the Dahua but it doesn't respond very well.

Ideally I would like to have it all run from an NVR with a dedicated iphone app to make everything simpler than running on a PC.

How do you know it will work with the avermedia NVR? I'm asking so I can understand what makes it different from dahua/hikvision etc

Any other NVR's so I can do my research on price etc tomorrow? Or do you suggest installing milestone/cms gold?

Thanks!

Hi no CMS gold will not work with milestone

Licence for milestone will be a lot for 24 cameras

Where are you located ??

We have 120 lilin mix of analog new 2mp and old D1 with PTZs along with sunkwang and CNB ip

Hi,

I meant milestone or cms gold or an equivalent pc based NVR solution.

I'm in London.

With that setup what are using as the recorder?

Thanks!