cappedup

Camera Advice - ordered Dahua 3x 1080

I had issues with Dahua and Hikvision when a Microsoft Update came through that pushed me to IE 11. In IE 10, you can see the broken page icon on top and click it for compatibility mode. On IE 11, it's on the settings drop down, the gear icon in the upper right, then select compatibility view settings and add the camera's IP address. I wish there was a setting that says run everything in compatibility mode.

I usually set the HTTP port and the 3777 port to sequential numbers, like 15001 and 15002, and forward those two ports. I would also forward the RTSP port as well because if you use an app on your smartphone, it may want that port as well. In the future (or now for some), your ISP will give a bunch of IPV6 IP addresses and you won't have to port forward or use DDNS. I checked with mine and they are not ready for IPV6 yet.

In the meantime, if you don't have a fixed IP address from your ISP, you may want to setup a DDNS account. DDNS assigns a domain name to a dynamic IP address and you need to have a single device on your network that updates if the IP changes. Dahua supports updating NO-IP (free) and I use that and it's been fine for me for about 2 years now.

On IE 11, it's on the settings drop down, the gear icon in the upper right, then select compatibility view settings and add the camera's IP address. I wish there was a setting that says run everything in compatibility mode.

That got it!

I usually set the HTTP port and the 3777 port to sequential numbers, like 15001 and 15002, and forward those two ports. I would also forward the RTSP port as well because if you use an app on your smartphone, it may want that port as well.

By this do you mean reset the cameras HTTP, TCP and RTSP port numbers? I tried that (15001,15002 etc) and the camera freaked out. Couldn't access it a all. I could ping it, but I couldnt get to the UI. Only a push of the reset button inside has brought it back.

You have to forward 37777 as well.

like this?

Can you see a picture now at 74.108.***.** ?

Thanks for the assistance fellas.

EDIT.... i think i might have it. I am viewing my cam with my iPad, on port 37777. App called iDMSS HD Lite.

ports.jpg.d609b04a2dc2bacdd00e4d223efab8da.jpg

Edited by Guest

Nearly there I think.

I have forwarded ports 80 and 37777. All is good, I can view and control from my ipad and PC. Although the ipad aspect ratio is all wrong. I think iDMSS wont allow me to alter it on the screen. Not a huge thing. I'll try a different app.

However,

My camera has lost most of its Tilt function. It will 'look up' a bit too far, but will not 'look down'. Also juddders when it reaches a stop.

Ive tried pushing the reset button inside the cam, and resetting by cutting the POE.

Could it be a power supply thing?

Camera is 15w http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_16&products_id=274

POE injector is 15.4w http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/885633-REG/TP_Link_TL_POE150S_Power_Over_Ethernet.html

Always something ...

Hope its not a hardware fault.

Any thoughts?

Seem to have got my issues ironed out.

Tilt seemed to work itself out. Might have Been linked to a reset, although didn't work itself out instantly.

Thanks a lot guys.

Hi there.

I've had my Dahua installed for 18 months and it's been great.

I have a focussing question. Since fitting the camera, which is in the only logical place for it, I've screened in the porch. Means some of the preset views are now obscured by the screen.

The camera wants to focus on the screen instead of what's behind it. Can I set focus values for each preset position? I'm using iDMSS. This seems quite basic, and I'm wondering if there is a better viewing software, which can help.

Thanks.

Chris.