rapid

Dome cameras mounted to wall exterior of building

Purchased some Extreme EX46 dome cameras which will be mounted on the wall exterior of a two story building to view along the building. There will be multiple cameras spaced around the building to provide perimeter coverage and mounted at ladder height for maintenance purposes.

The cameras can be secured to a single gang box or round ceiling box similiar to the one below.

junc.jpg

There's not much space in the fixture for splicing directly to the brick wall, so looking at mounting this box (1 1/2" deep) to wall and then attach dome housing to it. Cabling will come through the brick wall with splices in the mounting box.

Anyone have any other suggestions for this type of application?

Are there any smaller enclosures which may work?

Thanks in advance.....Rapid

maybe i missed it, but, that dome has an fully house base that does not require the above gang box.............or did you buy one without the housing?

If you are looking for a "clean" install I'd go with the full housing if you can get it. and since it is 2 stories the camera's should be harder to vandalize.

the "magic" you are looking for on exterior brick is pretty straight forward. kiss.......................

EX46.jpg

Although this doesn't show the inside view, there's not much room for interconnections of power and video.

Aestics is important and KISS however, depth of wall is approx. 10 inches, therefore all connections must be done in the fixture. I might have to use some new GEN coax which will give me more flexibility and wind around camera.

Could use the knockout and 90 degree elbow into wall.

try disconnecting the video & power connector on the camera board.............then insert them from the inside of the building out, leaving the connectors on the inside of the building....just a trick that I've done. may give you that extra your are looking for