Securame

Hikvision DS-2CD2112-I - geting audio from external mic?

We have a customer with 5pc DS-2CD2112-I which do not have audio in (I know there is a model DS-2CD2112-IS which does have audio in; but now it is too late to change the cameras).

Now he wants to record audio, 1ch would be OK, 4ch would be great, and I am trying to figure out what is the best way (if any) to do it, since the cameras do not have audio in. Hikvisions NVRs do not seem an option, they have one audio in but it is for mic, I think it can not be recorded on a IP stream. Hikvisions hybrid DVRs could be an option; 7608HI-ST does have 4 audio in, but I think that audio can only be recorded on the analog streams (it has 8ch IP, 8ch analog, 4ch audio).

We could just record the IP cameras and then also analog video channel with no image, and audio. But that would be quite a dirty hack. Video playback would be OK from iVMS (customer would have to sync play both channels, and turn on the audio on the analog one), but live viewing would not be so easy.

I do not think there is a way to record audio on a IP stream from an external source, but I am asking anyway in case someone knows a solution.

Any hints are welcome. Thanks!