Sign in to follow this  
Playbox

Phone app for older DVR

Hi,

I have a XRplus 8ch DVR, that I can view via CMS on PC. Accessing via the units MAC address - dvrlink.net

Have tried a number of cctv viewer app's for iPhone, no go.

Do you think this is possible ? Since unit is a few years old?

P.s XRplus seem not too be in business any longer to get support.

Thank You..

Havs your DVR got a mobile monitor port assigned? They wont work through the same ports, well mostly, fact the only one I know that only uses HTTP is the Alien range here in the UK. You will have to find out what the Mobil monitor port is and open it and use that port.

It may mean unassigning the DMZfrom your DVR before editing the rule you created for remote viewing CMS.

If youopen the Network menu you will see the Media Port and the HTTP port assignments find the

menu item named Netservices and you can find the Mobile Monitor port assignment.

I always open port 554 or the RTSP port because some tablets need this port open aswell as the mobile monitor.

As for apps for iPhone, the widest range of DVRs are covered by this app, it's free so no harm trying them. The publisher has lots of versions try and visit their website http://www.meyetech.com it's a problem getting onto that website today but it does have lots of apps for you to try, in favt a lot of the apps for mobile phone are written for manufacturers by meyetech Good Luck.

Pic of DVR menu

Your DVR is too old

and only will work with CMS

it's made by fairly well known Korean company

I still have few customers with the same units like yours

old APP was called SmartViewer

new one called NViewer

Its not an interface I recognize so just as well that someone else does. It's useful info...

Well good luck and wishing everyone well over the Holidays. I have to get my red suit on now cos I'm exepected to deliver some presents under a tree. HO HO HO