afschmitt

Hikvision 5.1 and the new DS-2CD2432F-IW cube with a Mac

I just got one of the new Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW cube cameras. I love it but i am having a issue viewing it via a browser on my Mac. Windows works fine on it and my other Hikvision (non-raptor) work fine with Mac. I'm guessing there is an updated mac plugin not on the USA or European websites.

Does anyone have access to an updated an web components file for Mac?

I don't, but i would love to see footage of how this cam performs day and night. I'm currently using an AvTech 813, but i'm looking to try something different

Very nice. Whatever files are available from Hikvision I usually find here - http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/

I too have a mac, never had trouble viewing any Hikvision camera with Safari but didn't do anything special to do it, just worked and all have Raptor firmware although I heard the 5.0.5 firmware does have issues on a Mac, so try 5.0.2 (don't know about 5.1 yet).

Here you go.

Nice image, though there was a bit of motion blur. What's the exposure time setting on the Image tab?

I wish there were an outdoor version of this camera. Seems like it would be great as a doorbell cam.

There's a company near me that makes enclosures to make indoor cube IP cameras into doorbell cams. Very high quality cast brass and will cost more than the camera, but looks very sharp and is available in different finishes if you are trying to match the door hardware.

Don't know if this camera fits in there, but when I get one, I can talk to them and see if there's interest. I convinced then a few years ago to make one for the Axis M10 series, so I know that works. Also, they sell the over-sized j-boxes, so you can fabricate your own front plate if you have one of those fancy 3D printers

http://eholovision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=210&Itemid=244

... you can fabricate your own front plate if you have one of those fancy 3D printers ...

Hmmm. Don't have a 3D printer, but I think I could fabricate what I need with some aluminum plate, a few hole saws and a drill. Plus I'd have another excuse to use my powder-coating stuff.

Any idea when we'll see these in the wild?