telc

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I settings and 3rd party software

I have a couple questions about the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I.

I know the camera has built in software and settings for recording to a NFS, how do the settings affect the output if I want to use something like Blue Iris. For example if I have settings like timestamp on the video, color settings, etc set in the cameras web interface, will Blue Iris inherit these? Or does it just get a raw stream from the camera and Blue Iris will have it own settings? I don't have a NFS so I want to use something like Blue Iris and save directly to hard drive.

Where can I download the latest firmware from on the Hikvision website?

If you use the OSD feature on the camera to put the date/time, camera name and other text on the screen it will show up on recordings in BlueIris. But BlueIris also has it's OSD, so you would have both unless you turn one of them off.

If you use the OSD feature on the camera to put the date/time, camera name and other text on the screen it will show up on recordings in BlueIris. But BlueIris also has it's OSD, so you would have both unless you turn one of them off.

What about all the other settings in the camera itself, what is the best way to configure the camera if you are using something like Blue Iris. Like motion detection just leave all those disabled in the camera, then let Blue Iris do its own? Or stuff like the resolution 1080P vs 3MP. Leave it set the highest in the camera then in the Blue Iris set it to the one I want?

All BlueIris wants is the stream, so any adjustments to image quality, resolution, frame rate you need to do on the camera. Anything related to recording and motion detection is done by BlueIris, so don't activate any of that on the camera. The OSD (on screen display) is done by both, so pick which one you want to do it. If you do their direct-to-disc recording, then you need to do it in the camera.

Thanks,

Have you ever tried FreeNFS under Windows, looks like it lets you mount a folder on a computer as NFS. Maybe I can use this and have the camera write to it since the camera doesn't support network shares, I wouldn't need BI then.