Sign in to follow this  
ctbaker

Recently getting noisy night picture with Hikvision 3MP cam

Hi,

I am not sure what is going on. When I first installed the cameras, they all looked pretty clear at night. A few weeks ago, one of the cameras starting showing a real noisy picture at night. All the cameras are running the same settings so I am not sure why one would be doing this. I updated the camera to the latest firmware (5.1) and no dice. I also logged on to the camera and did a full reset and have powered it down, rebooted, etc. with no change.

The cameras are running into a Hikvision NVR. I have included some screenshots below to illustrate the problem and to show my settings (look around the area not lit up by the IR and you can see the noise, during live video it is very noticable). Daytime shots look great. Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Chad

Current night time picture from camera.

238185_1.jpg

Current night time picture from same make/model camera mounted at another location at house.

238185_2.jpg

Image Settings on cameras:

238185_3.jpg

Steam quality settings on cameras:

238185_4.jpg

Three things to check I suppose- the camera, the cable, and the nvr channel itself. I'm assuming the nvr has all built in poe? Can you bypass the nvr and go directly to the network with the camera and see how the picture is? If so, and if the picture clears up, this tells you two things. That cable is fine and that camera is fine and that would point to a problem with that input in the nvr. Also, have you rebooted the nvr to see if that clears anything? Perhaps you can swap channels with another working camera and see what happens too. However you do it, those are the three things to isolate and confirm in the process of elimination- camera, cable, nvr input.

Update to original post. I have just been ignoring the problem because I didn't want to deal with it but my picture has been getting worse. I recently updated my NVR to the latest firmware (2.3.7) and that didn't help a thing. Today I updated all the cameras to the newest firmware (5.1.2) and that did the trick. From what I can tell, when the WDR setting was turned on, the camera setting was somehow either doing like 0 or 100 but nothing in between.

The NVR firmware update allows you to adjust all the camera settings and updating the cameras to the latest firmware got rid of all the noise I was having. Happy once again.