solarbarack

New need some opinions

Hello everyone. I came across this site after endless hours of stumbling through the sea of security systems, and hope that the knowledge gained here might help. My present situation is i need a security system of course, but im trying to stay under 1200. the best one Ive found for the money is this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Swann-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-2TB-HDD-4-x-1080p-3MP-IP-Cameras-/121243204311?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item1c3aa87ad7. This only comes with four cameras which im ok with as i can get more later my shop is not that big. 50 x 100 steel buildingw/ enough parking for about 15 cars. i would rather have good quality at this point and add on as i can afford. love to be able to see whats going on using my phone. I would like to cover a few places, but am new to this and dont want to make the mistake of buying twice. Any input or suggestion would be grateful.

Hello there,

I have viewed the system you chose on Ebay, it is good but not perfect because the price is high. four 2.0 megapixel IP Cameras will be enough for the monitoring site, you can buy the cameras and NVRs separately or you can search on aliexpress for NVR kits, the price is lower and the quality is guaranteed if you can find a reliable seller. I attached a picture of a camera I think the quality is good for your reference.

Sysvideo

DSC_00751.thumb.jpg.4e3d2017c7eb6467102cc3a795877b4d.jpg

SYSvideo, what horrible advice your giving this guy. First off, your advising him to order direct from China, so this way

if this DIY'er has any trouble with anything, he has no means of tech support. If he gets a defective item, now he

has to ship it back to China. And 2ndly, you post a pic of a camera with no info on it whatsoever. What a joke.

Hello Luckyfella,

Thank you for your suggestion. Every IP camera manufacturer has their technician to solve customers' problems, so there is no worry about that, sellers can remote control the buyer's computer if he agreed, and most suppliers would rather patiently settle the problem for customers than losing a customer.

Thank you again for your advice.