hazim

IP Cameras Problkem: Green Screen

Hi

I have bought some IP cameras, and have a problem with a part of them.

The cameras gives a green screen, the image and the green screen comes and goes as I move or shake the camera. I think the problem is either with a bad soldered ship or with the network socket/cable of the camera.

Any idea? any help?

Regards,

Hazim

Send them back.

If you can't send 'em back then try and isolate the problem in the pigtail by not moving the camera and clamping down the wire firmly near the camera and wiggling the rest of the pigtail. If it's just the pigtail then it is easy to fix. If it is inside the camera then take it apart and look for obvious issues. It's impossible to troubleshoot where your wiring or loose part is from this side of my screen.

Where do you see this green screen? Browser? Some NVR/VMS software?

When do you see it, when the camera is moved? When there is movement on the camera? On "still" image? Totally random?

What kind of setup do you have? I've seen this kind of problem appear when there is too much traffic and not enough bandwidth in the network to handle the cameras.

I've also come across cameras with loose connetors causing this, so Kawboy12R's tricks might work just fine.

I had the same problem with a camera that got shipped down under. Turned out it was ribbon cable that came lose during shipping. A lot of these cameras use ribbon cables that are not that well held in and can come lose, like when you shake it, LOL. I've gotten camera with weird colors and usually find ribbon cable that's not seated properly. While yes, there are warranties, sometimes it's easier to find the problem and fix it rather than wait for weeks for it to get fixed.

This is an example of one. You can see the cable is not fully seated on the right. There's usually tabs that release the clamp that holds the cable. You move the tab that releases the cable and then reseat the cable so it's all evenly in place and then push the tab back that clamps down on the cable to hold it in place.

238589_1.jpg

Thanks all.

I can't send them back.

I see this green screen on the browser, I tried another browser and got the same problem. As I remember, I got it on the NVR too.

I see it sometimes randomly but mostly when moving the camera or the camera cable/pigtail. But today I tried the same cameras that were giving this problem and foud that only one of them is giving the problem but doesn't make green screen alot as before, the only thing changed now is that it's cold here, so maybe the temperature is effecting.

I'm just testing the cameras, I connect the camera to the router and see it on my laptop on the browser.

I opened one camera having this problem to check the connectors and found that they are ok. No ribbon cables.

Below are 2 pictures, sometimes the screen become totally green, it's random.

Regards,

Hazim

1.thumb.jpg.42bd6b01a552a944af988e76556d452b.jpg

Well that describes a totally different problem, you get a picture but you get this green cast over portions of the image. To me, that looks like a bad sensor or a lose connector to the sensor but since you determined there's no cables, then it's likely just throw away. Hopefully they weren't expensive.

As for cold, when I had cameras in cold climates here in So Cal, like down to 10 degrees, they tend to just lock up, never seen any of them work but display odd colors.

After two months... I'm back here to tell you that the problem is that the laptop graphics card or network card can't handle the image data well... The cameras works well on NVR and LCD TV.

Regards,

Hazim