Sign in to follow this  
David Reed

Will this POE injector work with my Vivotek

I've got a Vivotek SD8323e, which is a PTZ and states it needs POE+ to power it, or a 24v AC 3.5a power supply.

I'm confused as to which POE injector to get to power this. I was considering the below model as it states it's 802.3at compliant, which I believe is the POE+ standard, but it then states something about DC power, which is different to the AC which the camera states it needs?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/eten-ps-201g-8023at-gigabit-metal-poe-injector-1x-input-(data-only)-1x-output-(datapluspower)

is the AC needed when powering from the power supply, but DC used when powering it from the POE injector?

Probably a silly question but I don't want to damage the camera by using the wrong power.

Any advice would be great.

Just noticed that the Vivotek says it's 60w max, but the Injector says 30w max. Is that relevant?

My run is only 6m.

Another issue I have is that my Vivotek NVR supplies PoE, so I'll have a PoE supply going into an Injector. Will that be an issue too?

Anytime you supply external voltage it doesn't use POE and will just disable it.

Operating Temperature:

Temperature:

-40℃ ~ 55℃ (AC 24V)

-10℃ ~ 55℃ (PoE Plus)

Built-in Heater & Fan

Humidity: 90% RH

So it's saying no heater if you run it POE.

60W is if you use a 24VAC power supply.

The PoE injector they recommend is the Vivotek AP3001 which is 55V (odd that it's not the 48V PoE standard) and it's .6A or in other words it's 33W seems to run about $100. I'm surprised it doesn't come with this in the box. Other brands that I reviewed that require PoE+ injectors have it in the box. Check with Vivotek.

Besides an injector, you can get switches that are PoE Plus (30W), so if this is your only PTZ, I would get the injector, if it's one of a few, the switch may be mo betta. For example, the ZyXel GS1100-8HP is an affordable gigabit switch that is PoE+. I believe they make one with 4 PoE ports and a 240W model with 8 PoE ports.