Sign in to follow this  
RIPE

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET WEB SERVICE OUT OF PREVIEW MODE

The Ative X version for my DVR is 3.0.0.1 according to the Bahama Active X finder for my WAN address. They only offer 3.0.0.00 which is off. Is the 3.0.0.1 some kind of vunerability glitch???? I can't get past the login screen in IE. I can get into the preview mode in Google Chrome but can't see the cameras in Live mode. I can get into Setup and see every camera by number. How do I configure my computer to view cameras remotely in Web Service from a remote location. I've tried software from Bahama. I give up. PSS works fine. I should be able to see the cameras in Web Service but I don't think I have the right version of Web Service or maybe Active X.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Guest

What kind of dvr do you have? If it's a dahua, chrome is not gonna work. It'll do just what you're experiencing- everything but a video feed. I don't even think IE tab for it works in chrome but actually, I could be wrong. I'll have to check that. I don't believe it does though. Gotta use IE. Not sure why you can't get past login with IE if you're inputting the right details.

What kind of dvr do you have? If it's a dahua, chrome is not gonna work. It'll do just what you're experiencing- everything but a video feed. I don't even think IE tab for it works in chrome but actually, I could be wrong. I'll have to check that. I don't believe it does though. Gotta use IE. Not sure why you can't get past login with IE if you're inputting the right details.

IE doesn't even login. Some "Packet" downloads from the internet (webrec) and then nothing happens. The computer previously worked with version 2.0 and version 3.0. After downloading software from Bahama Security those versions did not work. PSS works finally. There was a firmware upgrade to the DVR that was completed successfully. I am not home and cannot see the cameras with Web Service. Chrome gets past the login screen, shows all cameras with a "no symbol" icon beside cameras 1-32, and even opens each camera in Setup, Layout by number. In Live view the Quicktime "Q of Death" pops up and then stops.

There is no malware according to Malwarebytes Pro. This is a simple matter of not having the right software or not having the right software configured properly. I give up on it. I use the correct WAN address and port number for http access from a remote IP. The DVR is a DAHUA hybrid and displays analog and digital cameras. I can't even log into the cameras with Web Service. PSS has no trouble. My Android cell phone program (3rd Party) has no problem.

So life could be worse. I'll go to a cyber cafe and use a different computer and see for myself if the network works and my computer is hosed up.

Forget chrome. The new web service version is not compatible with it. It's not a malware problem either. You can try compatibility mode on IE and if that doesn't do it, delete your webrec folder and then when you hit your DVR address it'll make you do the whole ActiveX thing again and that should do it. The new web service app is pretty good actually. But PSS is better.

Forget chrome. The new web service version is not compatible with it. It's not a malware problem either. You can try compatibility mode on IE and if that doesn't do it, delete your webrec folder and then when you hit your DVR address it'll make you do the whole ActiveX thing again and that should do it. The new web service app is pretty good actually. But PSS is better.

Does it make any difference that I can't ping my WAN IP address? I can see that cameras in Chrome in Setup/Layout, I just can't see them in Live. In IE it prompts me if I use the wrong password. Still, with everything deleted IE 64 shows nothing. Maybe do a repair with Windows 7 disk and see if all system files are lined up like little ducks in a row. Seems like I should be able to ping the WAN.

Chrome is NOT compatible.

Since you mention that you see all camera feeds in PSS, I assume that you forwared two ports- TCP 37777 and HTTP- 80 or whatever you chose. What version of IE are you using? One person has mentioned they downgraded to IE 8 and installed activex and then upgraded to IE9 with success. Have you tried IE in compatibility mode yet to see?

Also, this is copied from another forum from someone I know-

#1) First of all, if you have attempted to login before but have had a failed attempt, you will want to delete the old active X settings to start fresh. To do this, go to C>Program Files>Delete Webrec folder

#2) You then need to open up Internet Explorer as an administrator, this is a step that alot of people miss. To do this, click on the windows start icon in the bottom left hand part of the screen. Start typing in "Internet Explorer" You may then be brought up with up to 3 different options

- Internet Explorer

- Internet Explorer (No add-ons)

- Internet Explorer (64 Bit)

You will want to only choose the one that says "Internet Explorer", Right click it and choose "Run as administrator"

#3) Now that you have IE open, set the following 3 Active X settings to prompts

Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level

- Download Signed Active X Controls.....

- Download Unsigned Active X Controls....

- Initialize and script Active X controls not marked as safe...........

#4) Proceed to login by typing in the IP address in the URL field. Be sure to say yes or install to any active x prompts

This procedure works 100% of the time. Also, you can get this to work in Windows 8 as well. To access IE as administrator in windows 8, go to the desktop view, right click on the "e" symbol, Right click on "Internet Explorer", and then "Run as administrator. Continue to follow the instructs as stated above.

Shockwave199,

Thanks for all the ideas and for sticking to it. The port is static to the WAN and the TCP is still 37777 on the LAN. I typed "internet explorer" in the run box and I only get two choices the IE64 and IE with addins. I assume the plain IE is x86 but when I tried to add IE v.9 (86) from Micro$oft I got the "wrong version" prompt. I downloaded IE8 and IE8 64 and they gave me a "this program is not supported by this operating system."

(cctvforum webmaster the pages are unstable) Start over with the second half - I copied the paragraph above for problems like this.

I changed the Active X boxes (3) to prompt and the compatibility mode gives me a box to add a program so I added the WAN address. I deleted the webrec in Program Files. So, (that said) maybe not having three IE options is a glitch (the cross I must bear). PSS is a better program but because I had Web Services running before I kind of expect to get it running again without wiping my computer. Its definitely not worth that. Thanks, you've helped a lot. If you have any more gems of advice or a silver bullet post again. Thanks Shock.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

The solution was to download IE 11, use the plain internet explorer as administrator, and change the three Active X boxes to prompt. Not sure if all are necessary but that is what got Web Service working again. I used Revo Uninstaller and got rid of two Active X programs - so that was also one of the ingredients. Success at Last. Thank god I'm free at last. Time for a cuppa.

Glad you got it working! I prefer PSS as well but there are times when I just want to open the webservice. Kind of easier and faster. I mostly open it on my netbook, open the feeds, and let it sit there so I can keep an eye on things out there while I hang out for the night. Too bad chrome doesn't support it, not does IE tab within chrome. Oh well- I barked about that a while back but nothing ever came of it. Anyway, enjoy!