Sign in to follow this  
wildnwackywill10

Farm CCTV Design

Due to a recent spate of thefts from my farm I am being forced to install some CCTV to catch who is doing this.

I have a maximum budget of approximately 700 pound.

I Have provisionally designed a system which consists of a Hikvision DS-7208 (8 channel and a 5 amp 12v power supply which will run to 3 cameras through RG59 Shotgun cable, the first 3 cameras are to be placed within a 20 metre radius of the power supply and DVR, the fourth camera is to be placed between 60 and 70 metres away from the DVR, for this I was intending to run a CAT6 RJ45 outdoor cable from on end to the other, using this to power the camera and carry the signal, this will also leave room for expansion for 1 more camera.

With reguards to camera choice I was thinking of 'Sony Effio 700 TVL IR Camera'

http://www.cameras-cctv.com/ir-led-cameras/Camera-IR-Waterproof-IP66-RF2881

These are reasonably priced, ideally I would require cameras that could read a license plate against the headlights of a car at night but frankly, these are too expensive.

Also I intend to use engenius enh500 bridge to connect the DVR to the internet for streaming.

Could anyone please advise me as to any flaws in my Plans.

Thanks,

Only 2 issues I see as potential is

12V voltage drop you need to calculate and adding a surge protector for runs that are building to building or building to post. Your 70 meter run on 18awg cable your looking at 9 vdc at the end for 1Amp. If you are using a camera with IR. It may work during the day and not at night.

If the camera specs are correct for 300mA with IR on you should be around 10.7 volts and may operate fine. Try a power supply with a pot that allows you to go up to 14vdc.

Is your power supply a distributed power 5 amps total with X per channel?

There are some issue you may take care, 1. is you better geared for lightening-proof. 2. is wired STP type cable and wear plastice pipeline. If you want to capture LP you can consider some items which functioned OSD and equipped Auto Iris DC Lens. But How are distance form camera spot to car?