leemeng83

Software for IPCam (Local IP Address for 32 Ch Live Viewing)

Hi,

I would like to seek advise here and IP Camera Brand Recommend with software that can do the following.

I need to setup a PC Software for the IP Camera which can record 32 Cameras.

Also I am required to remote access it ( using local ip address) upon typing in the ip address in the internet explorer the 3rd user is able to see a total of 32 cameras without access the PC Operating System.

Please advise if it is possible to do this kind of setup?

Thanks

Robin

Sure any of the commercial NVR software solutions will do this. For example Milestone XProtect, ONSSI, Exacqvision, Luxriot, Avigilon Control Center. Most of them cost about the same and the easiest way to see which suits you is to download and try them.

I personally use Milestone XProtect and it has their SmartClient which is a Windows program you can run on to access the cameras or they can use the Web Client that works with just about any browser and their Smartphone Client that works with IOS or Android to access the cameras remotely.

With 32 cameras, HD resolution, multiple clients, I would recommend a commercial grade server with a current processor equivalent to an i7 in the consumer world, maybe an HP DL380 with a RAID controller, probably in the area of 8 hard drives for storage but the new DL380's can hold up to 24 drives I believe. All rack mounted with a 48 port PoE Gigabit switch or a pair of 24 port PoE switches. Also, a rack mounted UPS in the event of a power loss.

Sounds like a fun project.

Hi buellwinkle,

Thank you for replying, Can you elaborate more on Web Client services. Because this project requires the 3rd party user to access just by typing in the IP Address and the browser will directly lead to show all 32 cameras without any software or entering the PC Operating Environment.

My challenge is to do the above and if possible at any one time 3 or more users are able to type in the IP Address and see all the cameras.

Hope that you can provide me with more information with your expertise.

Thank you.

Sounds like you want to setup user profiles and permissions, correct?

Login to IE and see the required number of cameras but control viewing, playback, PTZ control and other functions is control by the administrator in setting up users or user groups. Until you choose a VMS, various VMS have limited browser based camera views around 16 cameras. Some can do more but typically a software client is needed to achieve this. The biggest issue with IP is you need bandwidth to the NVR to record and bandwidth outbound to view. Processing power also goes up based on number of users simultaneously, image size, frame rate, etc. As Beullwinkle mentioned you want a good server. I would recommend a dual processor with 32G of Ram.

But remember your only as fast as your slowest connection!