Sign in to follow this  
BMW.M3.GTR

Hikvision Stream Media Server and IVMS-4500

I'm having some trouble connecting from the iVMS-4500 mobile app to my Stream Server(iVMS-4200) so I can reduce the network load.

Setup:

Total of 4 Derytech NC-KDO32 (Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I)

Server: HTTP-80, RTSP-554, SDK-8800

Cam 1: HTTP-81, RTSP-561, SDK-8801

Cam 2: HTTP-82, RTSP-562, SDK-8802

Cam 3: HTTP-83, RTSP-563, SDK-8803

Cam 4: HTTP-84, RTSP-564, SDK-8804

I've set up port forwarding and access through the firewall. From the web browser on my cell phone, I can access and live view the Stream Server(all 4 camera via Hikvison GUI) and access each individual cam separately.

On the iVMS-4500 mobile app, I can access and view each individual cam (adding one cam at a time -8801,8802,8803,8804). But I cant get any live stream from the server, I get a "Receiving data from the device timed out." In the Stream Media Server app, I can see the IP from my phone Enter, but it Exits after about 10 second. In the mobile app, the "Start Live View" button does appear so I believe it does see the server. When port forwarding was not set up properly this button would not show.

Any ideas on my problem? Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Why don't you mention the RTSP port of the SMS? Have you configured it in your port forwarding rules too?

I could not find any options to change the RTSP port on the SMS. I port forwarded the default port (554).

I solved my problem by using the iVMS-4200 PCNVR (v1.03.00.04). I was trying to do everything with the client version (v2.00.02.01) as it also installed Storage Server and Stream Media Server. I've originally installed the PCNVR version first but the default language was in Chinese. I saw that you can change the language in the client version, so I changed it to English according to the location of the menu. Everything is working now, and its free .