I have a Dahua NVR5208-P. 6 out of the 8 POE ports no longer work. I connected a separate POE switch and connected my camera's to the new switch. When I go to add the cameras to my NVR, it sees them but the status is red.

Is there a special way I need to set this up using an external POE switch? Please help

I am not sure. A few days ago my 3 cameras stopped working. It turns out they wouldn't work in 4 out of 8 ports. I moved them over to other ports and now two of those don't work. Normally I can hear the NVR make a humming sound when cameras are plugged in but in the non working ports I don't hear anything. I took NVR apart and there are several little green LED lights on circuit board that light up when I plug camera in the two working ports but don't like when I plug into nonworking ports.

I would I check if ports are active in system?

Does anyone have a download link to the IPC config tool. My router is setup for 10.0.. addresses instead of 192...Not sure if that's the problem.

Here's the config tool zip-

http://www.securitycameraking.com/securityinfo/downloads/?wpdmdl=61&ind=0

And the manual pdf-

http://www.securitycameraking.com/securityinfo/downloads/?wpdmdl=61&ind=1

The manual talks about using the config tool for firmware upgrading, but of course you'll use it to set new IP's for your cameras to put them within your default gateway subnet- your router.

I've actually heard about a batch of dahua nvr's with built in poe that had bad poe switches in them. Any chance you can make it right with the place you bought it from?

Thanks. I used config tool and updated IP addresses so they now work through my external POE switch. I purchased the NVR direct from China so I am not holding my breath but they are currently communicating with me. We'll see how they will handle it but I am not sure its even worth it to ship back to China. I may just sell on Ebay and get a Synology. Any ideas how much I should discount with bad POE ports?

Yes, you should sell it to me for 100 bucks

Yeah, no way it'll be worth the money sending back to China. That really stinks. It's one of those things that bites you in the ass and you learn quickly that it's a gamble- gamble as much as you can afford to lose. Sorry that happened. I'm guessing you're savvy enough to confirm those ports really are dead. If they were all working and now they're not, dead it is. You're a case and point to affirm what many others suggest all the time- buy non poe nvr's and use an external switch. I've always figured I'd get a dahua with built in poe, but now I figure maybe not. Anway, good luck to you.

Btw- how long did the the poe work before it crapped out?