Sign in to follow this  
IronZ

Audio/microphone question about Hikvision DVR

Hello everyone,

I am working with a Hikvision DS-7204HFHI-ST. It's an HD-SDI DVR unit and is working great. The one problem I have though is with our microphones.

We're currently using some small, powered, "high gain" microphones that work well with the old system that is in place (background on that below). When used with the Hikvision though, it is not nearly loud/sensitive enough. These are the mics... http://www.securitycamerasdirect.com/products/high-performance-microphone-pa3

I'm really not sure how the audio works and how I might amplify it. I don't want to guess and risk damaging the DVR either. Basically, how can I get a good quality/sensitive audio recording with the DVR? I've looked at various amps but they are all for driving speakers. The DVR audio input jack specs are 2.0 VP-p 1k Ohms.

And... I'm not opposed to replacing the mics. They just need to be able to be hidden in an interrogation room.

**The current system is an old analog system that passes through a VCR and into a video capture card on a PC. I'm assuming the VCR or the PC is amplifying the mic as it is much more sensitive in this set up.

Thanks for any help!

Z

Is there anywhere within the dvr setup that has audio volume adjustment? If not, perhaps in the remote viewing software you may find something. Sometimes vewing software actually has a couple more controls than the dvr itself. But yeah, your old setup is amplifying the sound for sure. I wouldn't know which mic you should use to better the situation.

There are no volume controls that I can find, other than during playback. I'm still trying to sort it out at this point.

Thanks,

Z

No volume control on Hikvision. I have used audio/microphones many times and never had an issue (not HD-SDI, but that shouldn't make a difference).

I would try to plug that mic direct to a TV to see how it sounds.