Sign in to follow this  
paulhughes01

CCTV to record bands in a bar?

Hi,

I'm new to the site (so, hello) and can't see an answer to my question or found a product that matches what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a decent CCTV system for an usual purpose. I want to use it to record performances of bands playing in a bar as it's relatively inexpensive, multi camera and works well in low light.

However, it order to do that I need a system that has dual diaplay to live edit/mix the picture - with the following;

1) Monitor 1 showing output from all the CCTV cameras (ie perhaps 8 cameras on the one screen)

2) Monitor 2 is a single full screen image of any given selected camera output selected from the outputs displaying on monitor 1.

This would allow me to "direct" and get a single full screen video of the selected sources to make a nice film of the band performance.

I'm not even sure if this is possible or someone makes this product but any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Paul.

A spot output would allow you to get the viewing function almost there, although I'm not sure monitor two would respond to what you click on for full size on monitor one. Monitor two- the spot out- would either keep one full size image of any camera, or do a custom rotation of all. But your biggest problem is that a cctv system will not export recorded playback that is edited together on the fly as you choose camera channels on the fly. Each channel will record independently no matter what or how you choose to monitor in real time during the performance. So it will be an editing nightmare for switching camera angles, after the fact. And considering that most dvr's and nvr's have proprietary file extensions, file conversion also complicates the task in post editing work. Plus, cctv sound is not built for fidelity so you'll have to do that separately as well- more complications. You're really better off filming bands with traditional video cameras.