Sign in to follow this  
empedokles

iVMS-4200

So is there no solution for a Mac to record video from Hikvision? It would be a bit funny to sell cameras and only support the Windows platform.

So is there no solution for a Mac to record video from Hikvision? It would be a bit funny to sell cameras and only support the Windows platform.

Once you start researching MAC VMS solutions you will quickly see there are very limited options on the market for MAC.

There is a iVMS for Mac, I can watch the camera, but how come I can't record with it?

What about browser options? Shouldn't be too hard to offer one.

There is a iVMS for Mac, I can watch the camera, but how come I can't record with it?

What about browser options? Shouldn't be too hard to offer one.

I think you can record it from iVMS-4200 for Mac; manually.

iVMS-4200 for Mac is always way un-updated (if that exists) when compared to the Windows version. If you want to have the latest version/features, you need to run Windows.

Many people with Macs run Windows on them for this. I'd say the market share is just too small for the range of solutions you can find on the Windows side.

Many people with Macs run Windows on them for this. I'd say the market share is just too small for the range of solutions you can find on the Windows side.

Via Virtualbox? I don't understand why they just use a less complicated browser approach.

Via whatever you do to run Windows on a Mac. Several members of my family have Macs, but I only support them in emergencies, and rarely use them.

Cams are just recently supporting browsers other than IE. The industry moves slowly that way.

Did ivms4200 for mac come with ivms 4200 storage server? You can use that to record to the HD on your mac...but its complicated and i only did it for windows once until i switched over to ivms 4200 PCNVR cause it was so much easier to setup.

I think you can record it from iVMS-4200 for Mac; manually.

How?

By live viewing any camera, and hiting the record button on the live feed? No idea, I do not use iVMS-4200 for Mac myself.