Sign in to follow this  
graphicmoore

Thoughts

No brand DVR, with no brand cameras. I do not know what you expect anyone to tell you... If you are just looking for something cheap, then go ahead. Just do not expect much from it, and that way you won't be disappointed.

Hi,

I am looking at the - 2 IR Cameras Sony Effio 700TVL RF2790, are these no brand or just have sony components?

I have a small budget of £200, I know that's not going to get me a brilliant set up, just trying to get the best kit I can really.

Thanks

GM,

You can search for a package deal at a large electronic store. The package may carry 4 X 960H Cameras and one DVR. You may add up HDD. The support and warranty would be OK. 960H camera and DVRs are recently coming out. So the video quality would be advanced enough for your application.

GM,

I did read your PM but could not figure out how to reply within the mail box provided. So replying this way.

As the camera uses EFFIO chip for TVL700, the product is only 2~3 years, which is very new and high end analog camera. Therefore, it must be of very good quality but rather low priced. Good lens brings the camera to the max quality it can offer. Basic DVRs are for 4 Channels, by default. So you may add 2 more cameras, later on. I do not think it is a bad deal. You may need cables and some accessaries for bridging cables or connecting video cable to the DVR box, if necessary. It must be a good project. Pain pays Gain.