cma

teckwell tw2804 software/driver

Hello,

Anyone have or know how I can get the software/driver for teckwell tw2804 16 Channel DVR w/ PCI card.

Thanks

Don't know if we can help, but...how about starting by telling us for which OS?

Windows?

Linux?

Mac OS X?

If it's Linux you want to use, I believe it's already integrated into some versions of the kernel. I don't know if there is a Windows version, but since it's often the case that there are at least one or two rebranded names using each chip...you might want to Google that.

I see that Intersil picked up that chip line a while back, and they still list that chip on their website. Maybe call and ask them?

Intersil page on TW2804 chip

http://www.intersil.com/en/products/audiovideo/security-surveillance/video-decoders/TW2804.html

Shplad

Hello,

Anyone have or know how I can get the software/driver for teckwell tw2804 16 Channel DVR w/ PCI card.

Thanks

CMA,

I guess the PCI controller chip maker -ALogic who might have provided the Window device driver. But ALogic is gone years ago.

But the new owner of the chip was mentioned above. Why not try them? Or use Linux and

be done with it. From what I recall, those Techwell chips are pretty good. I certainly would not

want to waste good equipment.

CMA,

I guess the PCI controller chip maker -ALogic who might have provided the Window device driver. But ALogic is gone years ago.

CMA,

TW2804 is not related to any PC or PCI bus. So they are not responsible for any device driver. TW2804 is just used for capturing video data, passing them to the back end PCI Controller chip (from Alogic) who is responsible for the device driver for the card.

You may keep searching internet or posting till you come across the guy who uses the same card that you have.

SunnyKim;

Thanks for that. I stand corrected. I did not know that processing occurred in more than one

chip.

That's what makes the Web great.

CMA,

TW2804 is not related to any PC or PCI bus. So they are not responsible for any device driver. TW2804 is just used for capturing video data, passing them to the back end PCI Controller chip (from Alogic) who is responsible for the device driver for the card.

You may keep searching internet or posting till you come across the guy who uses the same card that you have.