fostercontractors

Newbie looking for some excellent advice on Alibaba

Yes, I've moved to the part where you contact some of the Alibaba vendors and I've received some responses from them but would like to avoid any worry and use a vendor that others have already had great success with...

We have an account setup with the HD Security, who seem to have goodprices for a US resller.

yes we use to buy a lot of cameras from China, but the problem is that half the cameras come in okay. We even changed suppliers and also stayed there to watch over the workers. After years of trying to train the chinese, we have come to the conclusion, the Chinese have no pride in what they do and the focus is to work quickly. Even if we paid more for the produt so the workers can take their time, this does not work. Soemtimes if the part they used in the previous order isnt available or find something cheaper, the factory will just use something else, and without notidying us first or letting us know the quality will be different. We have to check every item before they leave the factory to ensure it is in great condition physically. So please bare this in mind when ordering large qualities

Hi everyone!

I am Stella,working at one manufacturer of networking cameras in China. Really would like to say something about Chinese vendors, hope you guys won't mind. Yes it is true that some(or many, as Chinese population is huge, so is businessman!) factory may have such problems supplying you products, as what "mimilovell" said. But it is not right for all vendors, espeacially not fair for companies who really cares integrity and service. As Chinese myself and being dealing with global clients for years, I really hope that you guys do not take all vendors the same.

As matter of fact, Chinese manufacturing industry is in tremendous changes. From what I know, some camera factories in Shenzhen are falling down in the past few months,mainly due to improper management, or I'd like to say it is the rule of"Superior bad discard, overmatch lives".

Talk too much, but I would be gald to reply everyone for any questions about China. Thank you.

yes, it's a great company. the company has been awarding “Top 10 Security Brand in China” for last 9 years continuously and has been ranking in “Security 50” by a&s magazine from 8 years. So, go ahead with your decision, their products are available online also, so that is also a good option.

I would also like to say something about Dahua.

If a company/brand has been awarded many times as "Top Security Brand", it should have some influcence in the local market and the sales, the rate should be very good. And sometimes, there are other conditions that the products even adopted by the government. So we should trust them.

And one more thing, some manufacturers outside China even order products as ODM and then place their own logo/brand. They will not tell you. So you can hardly say what you think is good is not from China.

one of the top considerations MUST be the quality of tech support- some kit from china- you get none- upgrading firmware goes wrong and your dvr is bricked- not a good result if your in a customers premises and this happens ! what are you going to do - buy your customer a new unit ? take the hit- how many times before your out of pocket big time.

If you want to spend an hour on the phone to sort a tech issue with setting up remote viewing etc- it must come at a cost to the manufacturers/suppliers so I would beware of the cheapest kit for this reason- fine if its cheap AND RELIABLE AND you get the tech support. That's a lot to ask of a cheap price tech product, not saying that all units from China are of this nature but some are. All my own opinion - everyone can make up their own mind.