Cameramandi

Help! Connection Failed/Login Failed error when using iDMSS!

Hello everyone! Here is the deal. I am running a 16 channel Dahua NVR (1U). It works great. I have 12 cameras, and have a fast AT&T Uverse 24 Mbps downstream/3 Mbps upstream connection.

-While viewing the main stream using PSS and from the unit I have no problems

-While viewing the extra stream via PSS or web service in my network I have no problems

-While viewing the extra stream view web service from another hardwired network (including a laptop on wifi in another city) I have no problems

-While viewing the extra stream from idmss from my iphone on another hardwired network (including via wifi in another city) I have no problems

However, when I am viewing the extra stream via idmss on my iphone while using verizon 3g (speedtest .5 MBps down, .5 MBps up), and from my wife's iphone while using verizon 4g (speedtest: 4 Mbps down, 3 Mbps up) and from my friend's droid while using sprint 4g (speedtest: 6 MBps down, 3 Mbps up) I have the same issue:

When I use idmss on an iphone/droid, and save a favorites of 4 cameras, and then save another page of favorites of 4 cameras, and when I switch quickly between the two pages of favorites via the spinwheel, I get either Connection Failed or Login Failed on one or more cameras. It is always random, and not one particular camera. It might be camera 2 and 4 on one page of favorites, but then it is camera 6 and 7 on the next page, and then camera 1 and 3 on the first page. If I spin back to the previous page of favorites, they may all loan fine or one or more may not load.

I noticed that for the first time that I try to load a page of favorites after not using idmss for a little while (perhaps 30 minutes) all cameras will load fine for the first time I try to load that page of favorites and those cameras, as will the next page of favorites that I try to load.

However, when I try to go back to the previous page of favorites that I had just loaded a minute earlier, I will get either Connection Failed or Login Failed on some cameras. This only happens while I am using 3g or 4g - this never happens when I am doing the exact same thing on a WIFI network. What is going on? Is this a latency issue?

Hey it sounds like it is a latency issue. Also you have to consider your data plans restrictions. A lot of data plans will throttle your bandwidth if you are using too much rapidly or it is outside of your standard usage. They think something suspicious is going on and they dial back your speed while they figure it out. It also could be as simple as you live far from your service tower and lose signal. Even certain houses just plain don't receive signal well. If none of that makes any sense feel free to ask more questions. I am a networking engineer and work for a company that uses all the same product that you are talking about. Also I made a few tutorial videos on youtube to help with iDMSS and gDMSS as well as our other camera viewing software. Check them out and see if hey help. Best of luck.