brian61

Cat5 Balun RJ45 wiring question

Hello,

I just installed an 8 camera system with CAT5 and screw in video baluns, I have it all working, however the wires keep breaking in the baluns anytime something is moved.

I would like to change the baluns to the RJ45 type to avoid the above problem. My question is on two of my runs, I have two cameras attached to each CAT5 run. How do you wire the RJ45 connector with just two pairs of wires instead of four.

Thanks,

Brian

is the cat5 cable Copper clad, or CCA ?? because the wire is sooo brittle! Sorry to say it but you get what you pay for, its an expensive lesson! :/

unfortunately I didn't even know there was a difference. Apparently it is CAA..I hope that the Ferrules I bought will fix the problem. At least everything looks and works great until I move something.

Yeah the electrical contractor ran a few thousand feet of cca on the job site, all had to be re-run! cost a pretty penny....

Just caught your PART B.

On RJ45 connector you need to list what device your plugging into.... IE a active Balun, camera, etc

the device will have a RJ45 Pin out then you just match the wire pair to the assigned pin location and BOUYEA!

Sir,

Aren't first time on installing balon? However, when sir take out the skin of the wire. please dun use cutter suc as scissor or wire cutter. Please use ur nails to tear it out. It because when using cutter easily form the source to break the wire.

(cause lastime i hv this experience regarding tis)

Regards