Sign in to follow this  
BrendonTW

Cant decide on systems

Hey folks, new here. I regret having to post this but I just couldn't quite get what I needed with the search functions.

I have a lawn maintenance business based at home and am needing to set up a system. I have a friend who works at a very reputable security company locally and he is suggesting an Everfocus DVR and I can't remember the types of cameras he said they use. They use analog systems.

Anyway, I want to get an 8 channel system and I want it to be accessible via the web and I would like motion sensory so that if it detects motion at times that employees shouldn't be there I can look and see what's going on. The Everfocus doesn't have motion sensory.

I'm trying to decide between analog and digital, but besides that I truly don't know what brands and/or things to look for with this. I would prefer a kit because I can get everything I need. I'm trying to stay in the $1000 range. I found this on another thread but it only comes with 6 cameras and is already $300 more than I wanted to spend. Also doesn't say anything about motion sensory.

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-Stratus-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-6-1080p-Cameras.product.100048586.html

Any advice? I plan on installing it myself but my buddy offered to help for free.

I should mention that I am willing to settle for less cameras (as few as 4) for now as long as I get high quality, the features I need, and the ability to expand up to 8 cameras. It seems that the Lorex brand is comparable to Wal-Mart brands, and that scares me a bit.

Buy 8 Ch DVR and 4 Cameras

Motion Detect feature allows that recording can only be made in the event of motion is detected.

I'm trying to find a DVR that will send me SMS alerts because I don't have an actual alarm system so id like to view the cameras if the system detects motion.