mturley

Hikvision 2032-I - No WebComponents & no email events

I've just gotten a couple of these and am playing with one of them.

First, I am unable to make it very far using the built-in camera web interface. I have tried installing the WebComponents from the camera numerous time, and also from a Hikvision downloaded .exe (ver 3.0.4.6). They always think they installed, but never function. I have turned my Active-X security stuff all down and still no luck. Any other ideas? And maybe It doesn't matter much if the iVMS-4200 remote configuration can do everything the camera GUI can.

So then I installed iVMS-4200, found the remote configuration, and believe I configured the camera to email me on motion events. But no luck. I have tested the email SMTP out settings with another email client and they do work, On the camera remote configuration I have the following set:

- Event/Motion Detection Tab - Enable Motion Detection is selected and I've got the red crosshatch motion detection area covering the entire image. I have my camera selected in the Triggered Camera list. The arming schedule is All Day Template, and I have Email Linkage checked.

- Event/Email Tab - I have entered all my email details, 4s sending interval, and Send Attachments is checked.

When I move in front of the camera I get no email. Is there anything else I should have set? Is there a way to debug this using any transaction logs or such?

Thanks.

1. Fix your activeX issues first. Get it to pull up in IE and/or firefox.
  2. Install iVMS-4200 PCNVR. This is the AIO package that can do recording on the computer it's running on. Set aside storage space and confirm record video, motion events, snapshots, etc can be done locally first and to just test the cameras.
  3. Once that is confirmed. Try email again.
  4. Now troubleshoot networking/firewall/antivirus/windows problems. I'm going to assume the camera's are setup correctly with new IP address, correct subnet, and correct gateway.

I'd echo what was said above - Chrome should also work with the ActiveX controls

You could also try the free ONVIF Device Manager which doesn't use ActiveX.

If you are happy with linux, you could also telnet in to the camera (enable first if needed).

Then try ftpput -P 25 . It will try to upload a ftp via FTP to your SMTP email server which obviously won't work (and is a little messy) - but it will show if it was able to connect to tcp port 25 which may be useful if you are network testing. Below port 25 works but 26 doesn't as an example:

# ftpput 192.168.0.6 -P 25 ftpput
ftpput: unexpected server response to USER: 502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
# ftpput 192.168.0.6 -P 26 ftpput
ftpput: can't connect to remote host (192.168.0.6): Connection refused
#

This shows up in my postfix log:

Feb  7 19:30:40 rl70 postfix/smtpd[5796]: connect from ipcam1[192.168.0.201]
Feb  7 19:30:40 rl70 postfix/smtpd[5796]: lost connection after UNKNOWN from ipcam1[192.168.0.201]
Feb  7 19:30:40 rl70 postfix/smtpd[5796]: disconnect from ipcam1[192.168.0.201]

You could also check out my thread on enabling debugging on the camera.

Making progress, but no email yet.

For WebComponents, Chrome took care of that. I can now use the full camera web interface and see the live image.

I dumped the iVMS-4200 and got the iVMS-4200 PCNVR. Works good, and I am able to do screen shots and record video. For motion events, the app squawks when motion in detected on the camera but I don't get any recorded video (likely missing some setup stuff somewhere). On the event email settings, I have tried all sorts of things and always get the error "Remote Client Parameter Settings Error code 1. Email format error." when I hit send test email. I have tried Yahoo and my domain smtp servers with and without SSL.

So onto telnet'n into the camera. At first, I always got a connection timeout when trying the ftpput. My IP for the camera is a static 192.168.10.11, subnet 255.255.255.0, Gateway was 192.168.10.1 (router), and DNS server 8.8.8.8. I am able to ping the smtp server IP's no problem. So I changed my Gateway and DNS to those being supplied by my ISP, and then get "ftpput: can't connect to remote host (98.139.211.125): No route to host". And I can't ping the IP then. Looks like it didn't like the Gateway, so that is back to my router, and I am back to getting connection timeouts.

Somewhere on a forum I saw a post where someone claimed that Hikvision formats their email poorly and it can be rejected by some email servers. As I recall, it has something to do with an invalid or missing date in the email header. I can't find the post at the moment.

I will try getting some debugging going on the camera next to see if I can find a specific error logged when (if) it ties to email.

Edited by Guest

Well, here is the result of turning on debugging in the camera:

connect

server_name=smtp.mail.yahoo.com, port=465

SSL init

SSL connect

init_mail_sender

hello

login

sendHeader

Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:04:00 -0800

sendContent

sendEnd

received not expected response.

received=554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; pl ease visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information

sendEnd: General server error

send mail end failed

SSL free

Hmmmm...... It's always something...

I'm going to be SOL I'm sure - From Yahoo:

You may see the above error in a failed delivery message or as an SMTP error when sending emails to Yahoo Mail accounts. We've got some possible causes for the error, as well as suggestions for preventing it in the future.

"554 Message not allowed - [320]"

•Indicates that your email was not accepted because the message in question may contain characteristics that Yahoo Mail will not accept for policy reasons.

- For example, it is against Yahoo Mail's policy to accept messages with malicious content or manipulated header information, such as:

◦A falsified origination point.

◦An altered sending date.

◦A forged email address.

•If you're the administrator for the mail server in question, we ask that you review outgoing messages for potentially objectionable content or practices.

- See our Best practices for bulk mail senders and postmasters for sending to Yahoo! Mail for additional information.

Note: Yahoo is unable to disclose specific information regarding our filtering practices.

I'm glad Chrome and debugging helped.

So not a network connectivity issue then.

On 5.1, there are email options such as authentication, enable SSL and sender address to play with.

i would try sender address camera@102.102.102.102 where 102.102.102.102 is your public IP address. Yahoo may consider you are trying to spoof an email address otherwsie. Though authentication should resolve that, but you might need to set the sender address as the same as your yahoo account.

Or a different email provider.

It's working!. Thanks drocer and CBX.

I tried many other combinations with Yahoo email, and that never worked right. Non SSL gives a more nebulous fail message in the debug log and it is not obvious why any of the non SSL tries fail.

I ended up going back to email on my domain, and with SSL it finally worked. I was previously trying non SSL because my smtp server name using SSL is very long and it doesn't fit in the space the camera allows for the server name. I finally pinged the SSL server name, got the IP address, and used that for the server name. And I am now receiving email notifications.

Time to get this camera mounted and move on to setting up the other one.

If anyone else needs the in camera debugging, here are the details courtesy of CBX - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39417 .

It's working!. Thanks drocer and CBX.

You're welcome

Glad you got it working - well done