Sign in to follow this  
mjc427

Best video security system, telephone but no internet?

I have a remote cabin with telephone but no internet. About 12 years ago we installed a Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite LITE which worked fine. It had a RJ-11 jack on the back that we connected to a modem. However, it was destroyed in a flood, and I now need a replacement. The Sprite LITE is not made anymore, and I assume there are plenty of systems that would work. I used to be able to log in using the telephone modem on my home computer to connect to the Sprite LITE at the cabin's modem. I could then view the video feed on our 8 cameras. I haven't been able to find a replacement. All of this was on the public telephone system, but no internet. Any ideas or recommendations would be really appreciated. I can't spend the money on a Hughes satellite internet system.

I'm not a tech guy, just a guy who wants a good replacement video system. What should I be looking for.

If you have 3G/4G service in your area, you can go that router to get internet for your cameras using a mobile broadband router or maybe a WiFi 4G hotspot.

If it's very limited use, consider Freedompop, they provide 500MB data transfer for free. If you just need a quick look now and then, that may be good enough.

if you are not technical and want a simple solution there seem be to a bunch of used Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite LITE's on ebay...