jsimon

No Video in PTZ.

Hi, I have a good one here, I been thinking lots, and I really don't know what really happens here. Today I installed a PTZ on a PIPE 20 feet with UTP cat 5 and the balun on it, I send the Power on a different wire so no mix on signals or something to be related with power line. I start the PTZ it moves (auto check) but I didn't receive Video, so I went up with my 7 inch monito and plug it directly to the ptz via RG59 patch (not using the video balun) and still no video, so I was thinking I have a problem with my Ptz, so I took it down to the floor and start it again and try it, this time, same conection, nothing different, and I have the camera working perfect on my 7 ' monitor, then I was thinking I have some problem with the wire, so I move them, force them, did many different trys with them and never fail, so I took the PTZ and again Installed and again start, moves and no video came. Any ideas?

I almost asked you to take the lense cover off

obviously it don't work in that position/state. when you had it on the floor did you position it to the mounting position or just giggle wires?

try this; the camera housing should easily pop out when you twist it slightly. not knowing your model, find out how to pop it out and then remove the camera from the housing. there is a connectoion point in the ptz housing that you need to look at to make sure it all looks fine. camera housing just may need to be reseated/reconected? and while you have it out take a good look at everything to make sure all wires are connected.

but i'd still be motivated to send it back.........once a pain always a pain...kinda like marriage