Sign in to follow this  
erikdv

HikVision NVR Mobile issue

I setup a client yesterday with a DS-7604NVR and three cameras. I portforwarded 80,8000,554 and 443. I setup the HikvisionDDNS and installed the app on his iphone (on telus) and my nexus 5 (on bell network). Once I filled out the info in the app it found the cameras. For whatever reason I can view the cameras only when either of us are on a any wifi network only. This works on his LAN wifi as well as my home and my work WIFI so it is defiantly port forwarded correctly. As soon as I turn off wifi on my phone and login it appears to work, loads the "images", says its "fluent" or "balanced" but it doesn't show up? I did a speed test an am getting 10+mpbs on my data network. I can view the cameras on iVMS at both home and works as well. I also have the same NVR setup at home with 2 cameras and they show up regardless of wifi/data so it isn't my phone. Any suggestions?

10Mbps upload speed? IP cameras can kill bandwidth. One 2.1MP = 2-8Mbps depending on settings. Make sure you're sending the substream. I think there are two ivms-4500 android apps. One does the substream viewing while the other does the main stream (ivms-4500 HD)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39763

10Mbps upload speed? IP cameras can kill bandwidth. One 2.1MP = 2-8Mbps depending on settings. Make sure you're sending the substream. I think there are two ivms-4500 android apps. One does the substream viewing while the other does the main stream (ivms-4500 HD)

That's not correct, iVMS-4500 is for mobile phones and iVMS-4500 HD is for tablets (or mobiles with very high resolution). They can both watch the main streams or sub streams.

But yes, make sure you are watching the substream (fluent). That happened to me a long time ago with some Hikvision DVRs and I solved it by upgrading the firmwares, if you also have a DS-7604 unit, compare the firmware version on yours.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39763

Sorry. i meant 10Mbps download on my cell phone so a slow data connection was not the problem. I later tested on LTE with a 51Mpbs connection and it also failed.

Eventually I did fiqure it out and thought i'd post here if it could help someone else in the future. I went back in the unit and changed the ports from the default 80, 8000, 443, 554 to 9001-9004, changed the router port forwarding settings to reflect the new ports and it worked. For anyone having similar issues it was a Dlink DIR-350 router on Shaw cable. My own system is working with default ports on Shaw cable so maybe its was a router issue.

I believe RTSP port 554 doesn't work on many US mobile carrier, changing it to other ports should make it work. We use 8554 for RTSP instead of 554. The only carrier that works on 554 was T-mobile...